Policy key definitions:
• “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the Ollie Young Foundation.
• “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
• GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
• PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
• ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
• Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
• We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we are a not-for-profit organisation that only processes information necessary to establish or maintain support.
• Lawful basis: Consent
Where our purpose for processing is: fundraising, sponsorships, donations, Gift Aid registration, or event registration.
Which is necessary because: We like to send ‘thank you’ messages, and we need personal details for Gift Aid claiming and event registration.
We process your information in the following ways: we use your name, address and/or email address to contact you with the necessary information.
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
• the right to be informed;
• the right of access;
• the right to rectification;
• the right to erasure;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability;
• the right to object; and
• the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Fair & Transparent Privacy Explained
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above.
Any email newsletters that we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any newsletter message for instructions on how to unsubscribe.
Resources & further information
• Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
• Data Protection Act 2018
• Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
• The Guide to the PECR 2003